Mom Moments - T.G.I.After9PM1:09 PM
I used to be a believer in TGIF (Thank God It's Friday). But since my weekends are becoming ever-more hectic, I now just say "Thank God It's After 9 p.m." Because no matter how zonked I am at this time of night, all the babies are in bed, and I can zoom through 3 rooms in my house, de-cluttering, sweeping, and sometimes (like tonight) I can scrub. I work up quite a sweat, and then I'm ready to crash for the night.
Today I was looking through all the digital pics I took throughout the day, and aside from a few unflattering ones that my hubby snuck in when I wasn't looking (was it really necessary to get a photo of my bum as I was bending over to pick up the baby?) I really did get some adorable shots.
And, like all days, I learned some really useful things too. Like, did you know:
1) Doing the sprinkler (yeah, that really lame pseudo-dance from the 90's) really works your underarms
2) You can make the best play swords and spears from cardboard and duct tape
3) Leftover deer steak (yech) makes a rather tasty burrito
4) A toddler's fist will fit perfectly into an 18 oz. jar of peanut butter
5) You can never, I mean NEVER, give a kid too many fruit snacks
After 9pm is the best few hours of my day. What do you like to do after everything has wound down for the evening?