Picnicking? Enter our BIG Kraft Giveaway!6:12 PM
It's my favorite time of year.. why? Because of the FOOD! Yummy summer recipes are a passion of mine, and while I don't do much in the way or creating my own unique recipes, I love to find new ones from magazines and websites and give them my own twist. As International Picnic Day is approaching on June 18th, we though it would be fun to share some picnic-friendly news!
Kraft recently provided me with some amazing food samples, as well as some fun summer creation ideas to try out. While I'm excited to give many of the ideas a try (especially the Black Pepper Artichoke Pizza), we also love to eat the Kraft products the way they were originally intended (i.e., straight out of the box!) Here is our little Marcus literally digging into the Wheat Thins Crunch Sticks. He is elbow deep with no signs of stopping!
Some of the fun snacks that I love from Kraft's line include the Oscar Meyer Selects Hot Dogs (made with real Angus beef) and Country Time Lemonade (which we've been drinking for years!) I was also impressed with the new Stackermallows, a new twist on the original marshmallow -- they are flat for easy S'mores making!
We also received some great tips from the experts at Kraft Foods Kitchen. Here are our faves:
- Keep your prepared foods in the fridge until it's time to pack them up.
- Don't forget to bring some items that will get you moving. Consider packing a Frisbee, a couple of mitts and a baseball, a soccer ball or a football. If you live fairly close to the park, take your bikes, walk or rollerblade.
- Pack some sweet treats. Try fresh fruit such as melon and berries, Teddy Grahams Cookies or frozen Jell-O Pudding Cups as an alternate to ice cream.
- Pack sunscreen! Even if it's overcast or you're lying in the shade, wearing sunscreen is always a good idea.
- For food safety tips on serving food outdoors, click here: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/healthy-living-ideas/articles/food-safety/foodsafetylinks.aspx
Wanna Share? Share recipes, favorite easy-to-pack snacks, or picnic memories and pictures on the Kraft Foods Facebook page or Tweet them to @KraftFoods and you could be featured as a Kraft Foods favorite on International Picnic Day (June 18)!
Wanna Win? We are giving away one gift basket just like the one we tried out. It is a Picnic Time Metro Insulated Cooler tote with Miracle Whip, Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper, Kraft Barbeque Sauce, Wheat Thins Crunch Sticks, Teddy Grahams, Stackermallows, and Country Time Lemonade, as well as coupons for FREE Cracker Barrel Cheese, Oscar Meyer Select Hog Dogs, and more! A total of 17 products will be given away!
To be entered:
- (Mandatory) Comment with your favorite Kraft product from the prize basket or tell us your best family picnic memory!
- (Optional) Follow us on Twitter (@Lknerl) and comment here letting us know. If you already follow, just comment.
*Gift basket and samples of Kraft products were received for this post. Opinions and the accompanying giveaway and promotion are 100% my own.