If you've needed a reason to dust off your favorite rib recipe and tie on the apron this summer, I think I have an opportunity you'll love to hear about!
Here the details:
- From now until August 12, you can enter your rib recipe using pork spareribs, a McCormick spice/seasoning and a Kraft sauce at the Dibs on My Ribs website.
- Your recipe can be entered into either the Indoor or Outdoor Preparation competition.
- All eligible entries will be displayed on the website for public voting, and the entry with the most votes ("Consumer's Choice") will be an automatic finalist in the contest.
- 3 Finalists will be chosen from each category to compete in a finale event cook-off on October 12, 2012 at Tyson Foods, Inc. in Springdale, Arkansas.
- 1 winner from each category will win “Groceries for a year from Walmart” and a trip for two to Memphis in May, 2013
Doesn't that sound delicious? I know that I'm excited! In fact, I received an amazing grilling kit to help inspire me with my creative processes, compliments of the National Pork Board. It included:
A basting "mop" and bucket for all that great sauce...
Here is the recipe I'd enter; it's a version of "Fyldt Ribbenssteg" (stuffed Danish Spareribs):
2 spareribs (3.5 pounds) 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cups raisins 2 tablespoons flour
1 cup pineapple, diced 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
4 apples (pared, cored, cut into 8ths) McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub
Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce
Mix raisins, pinapple, apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Lay one sparerib on the bottom of a roaster, and season with salt and pepper. Pour the fruit filling over the sparerib; top with the second. Season top with salt and pepper. Tie with a string and sprinkle with flour mixed with McCormick Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub. Sear in the roaster on one side, then flip. Cover to finish cooking through. Serve with Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce.
You can enter your recipe until August 12th. Hurry! And let us know if you decide to enter!
*I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation for my time on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.