Review of Yummy Dough11:01 AM
Have you ever wished that your child's modeling clay or dough was edible (because, as hard as we try, they end up putting some in their mouth, anyway?) With the new Yummy Dough product, currently only available overseas, you don't have to worry if kids eat a little!
We sampled this innovative product over the weekend. The results for preparation were mixed (it's a bit sticky), but the kids LOVED it. Here is how it works:
1. Pour one packet of colored mix into a bowl (they suggest you can use the bucket it comes in, but a bowl with a smooth bottom works better.) Then use the included syringe to add the exact amount of water. It won't seem like enough at first, but you don't want to add any extra!
2. Mix with the included spoon until crumbly.
3. Then, use your hands to knead it into a dough consistency. This part can get a bit messy, as the more moist parts will stick to your fingers.
4. After a good kneading (best handled by an adult), the kids can now play! They can sculpt into figures or make little cookies with cutters, like we did.
5. If the kids eat some, that's OK. The dough is edible (although not my choice of snack), but you can bake it in the oven for a better experience. Kids like eating the dough creations!
This mix is safe to eat without baking, but it has to be used up within a day after mixing. My kids had a blast creating little shapes and cookies, and while I wouldn't say the result was the tastiest baked good I've ever had, the kids gobbled their final creations up in minutes. Something about being able to eat your work must make them taste better.
While this product isn't available in the U.S. -- yet -- you can take part in helping it get here sooner. Just visit the KickStarter campaign page to find out how you can help the Yummy Dough folks get a much-needed grant to market here in the States! Learn more about fun ways to create at their Planet Dough website!
*Samples received for review. Opinions are 100% my own.