Baking Bracket Challenge: Nuttin' But Net Chocolate Cupcakes11:03 PM
You know what's it's almost time for? Basketball -- and lots of it! March is a fun time to get together with family, watch the season come to a full swing, and bake up lots of yummy goodies. I was so excited to part of the REESE'S Baking Bracket Challenge, along with other Walmart Moms, where I could enter my own REESE'S recipe for a chance to face off against others!
My recipe: Nuttin' but Net Chocolate Cupcakes, takes a classic chocolate cake mix and tops it with coffee-flavored whipped topping, nuts, and lots of REESE'S goodness! The best part is that all of the ingredients can be found at your local Walmart!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 egg(s)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water ,boiling
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
1. Stir together dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients, except for boiling water, and stir for 2 minutes until smooth.
3. Add boiling water and mix.
4. Pour into greased cupcake pan and bake in a 350 oven for 20-22 minutes, or until baked through.
To prepare the Frosting:
1. Mix one 8-oz. tub of frozen whipped topping (thawed) with 2 tsp instant coffee crystals. Let set in fridge for 10 minutes, then remix until uniform in color.
2. Frost cooled cupcakes.
1. Melt 10 REESE’S Minis Peanut Butter Cups and 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening in a glass bowl over boiling water. Mix thoroughly.
2. Drizzle the melted mixture over the cupcakes with a fork.
3. Garnish with chopped peanuts.
But wait! There's more to the Baking Bracket Challenge than just good food! By voting daily for your favorite recipes in each bracket, you'll be entered to win a daily prize of a $100 Walmart Gift Card!
To vote, simply register at the site and you'll be ready to begin! Several of my fellow Walmart Moms have recipes entered, and I'm hoping you'll vote for my Nuttin' But Net Cupcakes in their own bracket!
Good luck with the votes, and enjoy your delicious REESE'S treats!
(Linked up to Tuesday's Table, How to Tuesdays, Delicious Dish Tuesday, Recipe Roundup)
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received product samples and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.