Easy Ways for Busy Moms to Win with Breakfast!6:25 PM
*Thank you to El Monterey for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to celebrate little victories throughout the day only moms can understand.
If you're like me, you have every intention of creating a meal plan, sticking with it, and providing your family with a week's worth of delicious and affordable breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. And then reality hits.
Whether you're dealing with work emergencies, illness in the house, a new baby, or just got a little behind, it can be tempting to skip a hot breakfast. (Because who wants to do dishes?)
We have been experiencing some chaos in our house lately, as well, so I completely understand. That's why I present to you these easy ways for Mom to win again, starting with breakfast!
1. Prep the things you can. One of the easiest ways to ensure a balanced, healthy breakfast is to have some fruit washed and cut in advance of a busy week. If you have older kids, they can help. Good options are sliced oranges, rinsed grapes, and bananas (which need no prep at all!) Use these as a bright side to your meals.
2. Hot and delicious can be easy. Real scrambled eggs, bacon, and a blend of spices wrapped in a warm, fresh-baked tortilla. Yes, you really can have this for your child's breakfast (and yours, too!) just by popping one of El Monterey's Signature Burritos in the microwave for just 1 minute and 30 seconds. Have more time? Preheat the oven before the kids get up and bake them for a dining experience that resembles homemade!
4. Save money when you can. Shopping for 8 can be tough, and I value sales and coupons on our favorite breakfast foods. Get more for your money by stocking up on your best breakfast options when they go on sale, and look for coupons (like the one offered below) to get even more for your dollar.
Wanna Save? Get a $1 off coupon for any multi-pack of Signature breakfast burritos! You can find these delicious burritos in the freezer aisles at major retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Kroger, Hy-Vee, and Meijer !
We really enjoyed Ruiz Foods’ line of El Monterey Signature Breakfast Burritos, which are packed with real ingredients like scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese and bacon! Big and small families alike will appreciate that they come in three different sizes (single-serve, 4-count and 12-count) and that they are available in five flavors:
- Egg, Sausage, Cheese and Potato Breakfast Burrito
- Egg and Bacon Breakfast Burrito
- Egg, Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Burrito
- Egg, Cheese and Jalapeño Breakfast Burrito
- Meat Lovers Breakfast Burrito
With over 50 years of experience helping moms win with affordable meals, Ruiz Foods has really done it with their breakfast burritos! Learn more about the exciting options El Monterey has to offer via their Facebook and Twitter pages. and follow their Pinterest boards for easy morning meal ideas.