5 Fun and Simple Things to Do with Babies This Summer (and a Chance to Win!)9:00 PM
I am so excited that summer is here, and one of the reasons is that my youngest son -- just 19 months -- is such an outside boy! He loves being out in our large yard, and keeping him happy is so much easier when he has outside activities to do.
So what do I recommend for a busy baby or toddler who likes to explore?
1. Sand box. We have a simple sandbox full of sand, toys, shovels, cars, and cups. He will play in there all day if I let him. I keep it safe by putting a baby gate around it so that he doesn't wander off or get into it when I'm not looking.
2. Puddle splashes. There's nothing more adorable than a muddy baby! Letting your little one splash in a freshly fallen rain puddle is so much more exciting than a bath, and some warm squishy mud between toes can be the perfect sensory experience for baby.
3. Bubbles. Letting an older sibling or mom entertain baby with a bunch of non-toxic bubbles is a lesson in physics and fun! See if you can count the bubbles before they pop!
4. Kick a ball. Babies at this age are just starting to get their coordination in check so that they can throw and roll a ball. Adding "kick" to their skills will take some work, but they love the feeling of accomplishment when they get the job done. Choose a big bouncy ball instead of a harder soccer or kickball to give them a better shot of making contact.
5. Swing. A ride on a baby swing can help little ones overcome their fear of heights and help them learn to trust you, too. My son loves being on the swing between his two brothers while they are swinging, too!
All of this requires some planning, but not too much. We can spend all day outside with some snacks, beverages, and a good stash of diapers and wipes. In fact, that's where Babies "R" us can come in!
Did you know that there is an exciting in-store promotion going on to keep you outside playing longer and help your budget, too?
For example, from June 1 - June 30, you can get:
- $5 off LUVS Value Boxes of Diapers (Regularly $35.99)
- $9.99 Pampers Splashers
- $19.99 Pampers Value Boxes of Wipes (Regularly $23.99)
- Free Dreft Stain Remover, 22 oz., with the purchase of any Dreft Laundry Detergent 100 oz.
Looking for more tips and opportunities to save? Be sure to join Babies "R" Us for a Twitter Chat, Tuesday, June 9th, at 12 noon CST. Use hashtag #BabysBigSummer to follow along!
Wanna Win? We are giving one lucky reader a fun prize pack like the one Proctor and Gamble sent us to help baby have the perfect summer! One winner will receive:
- $50 Babies "R" Us Giftcard
- Pampers wipes
- Dreft pen
- Crayola Chalk
- Melissa and Doug Happy Giddy Pail
To be entered to win, just use the form below. You have until June 3rd at 11:59 pm EST to get your entries in. Open to U.S. residents 18+ only. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Samples received. Opinions are my own.