Need Delicious, Nutritious, and Easy Recipes for Back to School? #CansGetYouCooking6:21 PM
School started today for our homeschool. It was crazy. We shopped all day for notebooks, clothes, and food. Then I about dropped from exhaustion when I got home. Luckily, my cupboards are always stocked with canned goods, both those that I've made myself and those that I buy from the store.
I love cooking with canned food, because canned veggies and fruits are often packed at the height of freshness, meaning my kids still get all the good stuff that we would get from fresh grown (if we could even grow half the foods we want in a Nebraska climate.) Canned foods also make it easy for my kids to help in the kitchen. Our favorite meal of all time, in fact, uses canned beans to fill up a family on a budget! (See our Red Beans and Rice with Turnip Greens recipe.)
Now, you can learn how to use cans to feed your family easily and affordably, too! Join us tomorrow night for a fun #CansGetYouCooking Twitter Party! Here are the details:
What: Join us for a Twitter party to get some delicious wonderful kid-tested and mom-approved recipes and helpful tips that will get you through the back-to-school season!
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to randomly selected participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. We’ll be giving away Cans Get You Cooking prize packs: four will include a Cans Get You Cooking branded apron, tote bag, can strainer and $25 Visa gift card, and one grand prize will include a Cans Get You Cooking branded apron, tote bag, can strainer and $50 Visa gift card!
Hosts: @TheMotherhood, @TMChatHost, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
Special guest: @CansGetUCooking
Your fellow co-hosts:
- Amee, http://madamedeals.com, @realadvicegal
- Carlee, http://www.frugalandfunmom.com, @athomemoma
- Christine, http://www.momslifesavers.com, @Momslifesavers
- Dawn, http://homemakinghacks.com, @dawnchats
- Heather, http://www.ourkidsmom.com, @ourkidsmom
- Linsey, http://www.lillepunkin.com, @Lknerl -- THAT'S ME!!
- Lori, http://www.adayinmotherhood.com, @lomargie
- Marisa, http://thepennywisemama.com, @pennywisemama
- Tiffany, http://stuffparentsneed.com, @Tiffanyblogs
- Val, http://www.fromvalskitchen.com, @valmg
The following is a sponsored post on behalf of the Cans Get You Cooking Twitter Party and The Motherhood. Opinions expressed are that of my own.