Review of Logic of English - Essentials 2nd Edition12:05 PM
All of my kids read and write at various levels for their age. My 11-year-old son, who is now reading, still struggles with sounding out words that don't fit "the rules." I have enjoyed spending the last few weeks with him trying Essentials 2nd Edition from Logic of English.
This was a BIG package of material when it arrived. The very heavy box included the following items:
- Essentials Teacher's Guide, 2nd ed.
- Volume 1 Essentials Student Workbook, 2nd ed.
- Volume 1 Spelling Journal
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Spelling Rule Flash Cards
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards
- Grammar Flash Cards
- Morpheme Flash Cards
- Set 1 1 deck of Bookface Phonogram Game Cards
- 1 deck of either Cursive or Manuscript Phonogram Game Cards
- Phonogram Game Tiles Phonogram
- Spelling Rule Quick Reference Spelling Analysis Card
We put it all into a big plastic tub to store between uses.
Everything is color coded for easy reference for which materials or supplies you will use from the curriculum kit. There is also the way that each section of material is broken out into three levels (marked as A, B, or C), so that you can adapt each lesson for multiple reading and comprehension levels or grades!