Review of Kashi's Vive Probiotic Digestive Wellness Cereal8:32 AM
Looking at the contents of my first box of Kashi Vive, I was a little scared. I'll admit that "healthy" doesn't get me too excited on most days. The cereal itself looked very, very healthy. There were flakes, "sticks," and some tiny white round things. But I had to try them... I'm glad that I did!
The Toasted Graham and Vanilla variety of Vive was very different from anything I've tried before (including previous varieties of Kashi cereal.) A very crunchy texture and a healthy, wheaty flavor compared nicely with the subtly sweet taste of the little white things (which I found out were vanilla-dipped rice crisps -YUM!) Totally packed with fiber, the cereal filled me up after just one serving. I could see this helping my meal plan.
While there are way too many good things going on with this cereal to name them all, here are a few healthy highlights:
- Helpful bacteria Lactobacillus casei (the kind found in yogurt)
- A hint of ginger for assisting in digestion
- 20% of your daily calcium and vitamin D needs
- Concentrated broccoli extract (the same amount as a 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli) to stimulate the liver's cleansing activity
- 46% of your daily fiber needs!
You can buy this healthy (and tasty) new breakfast or snack option anywhere Kashi cereals are sold and at Amazon.com!
Looking for more Lille Punkin' approved probiotic products? Check out our review of Probugs for kids!