Review of Mead Writing Fundamentals Products1:01 AM
Home school has started at our house, and while I'm super busy with work, a new baby, and a new house (that needs so much work), I'm also a bit relieved. We found an amazing resource that has helped me with teaching the younger kids -- Mead Writing Fundamentals Products!
These neat workbooks are so much different than your standard workbooks. They feature various levels of reading and writing readiness, and they all use constructive, built-in tools to aid your child in their activities.
Our favorite one so far has been the Snip-It activity book. Your child can cut up colored paper strips (included in the book), and then affix them to pages that have sticky shaped surfaces. Just peel back the paper, and it works like a sticker. No mess, and no fuss!
Here is a picture of my son (who is just 3) using the book.
Here is a picture of my older sons (5 and 6), with their pictures from the book. It works for quite a few ages!
Other books in the series that we have tried include:
- Write-On, Wipe Off Cursive Letters (This is a dry-erase white board book that even my 11-year-old can use to practice her cursive.)
- Path Quest (This is a book that has four different "paths" your child can follow in the same book. The answer to a question determines what they do on the next page. It's very exciting for my 5-year-old!)
- 4-in-1 Learn to Letter with Guidelines (This book is a standard handwriting book for printed letters. The difference is in its indented letter outlines. It helps kids stay on track with their lettering!)
You can see the entire line of books at the Mead website! They are available at Walmart, Target, and Staples stores for a very affordable $3.99 - 6.99 each.
Wanna Win? We are giving one lucky reader their choice of 5-7 products from their line. To be entered to win, visit the product page at http://bit.ly/aq5anH and the detail sheet at http://bit.ly/writingfundamentals and let us know what products you like best and why.
You can earn extra entries by doing one of the following:
- Follow @MeadEarlyLearn on Twitter and send this tweet: I'm following @MeadEarlyLearn for a chance to win thanks to @LKnerl http://tinyurl.com/2bougmh
- "Like" Mead on Facebook (be sure to let us know in the comments)
You have until August 20th at 11:59 pm CST to get your entries in. Giveaways are subject to complete site rules. Open to persons 18+ U.S. only, please. Winner must not have won a Mead Writing Fundamentals prize within the past 60 days. (Be sure to give us a way to reach you if you win, and remember that we will never use your email or contact info for anything other than to send your prize.) Good luck, and be sure to check out all of our other giveaways!
*Sample was received for this review.