Today is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day! (Giveaway)4:02 AM
Nope. We're not kidding. It really IS National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day, and our favorite brand of chocolate-covered raisins is teaming up with us to help you celebrate!
Here are some fun facts about chocolate-covered raisins, and Raisinets, specifically!
• All NESTLÉ RAISINETS are produced in Burlington, Wisconsin. They are made with select California raisins and a unique blend of NESTLÉ Chocolate.
• RAISINETS were first introduced in 1927 by the Blumenthal Chocolate Company. Back then, it took two-and-a-half hours to produce one batch of RAISINETS! Now it takes between 45 and 60 minutes.
• Today, NESTLÉ produces more than 1 million RAISINETS per hour! Slightly less than 30 million individual RAISINETS each day!
• In 2010 NESTLÉ produced nearly 20 million pounds of Milk and Dark Chocolate RAISINETS, which is equal to approximately 8 billion individual RAISINETS. If you lined them up end-to-end, they’d stretch all the way around the earth about three-and-a-half times!
• Last year NESTLÉ used almost seven million pounds of raisins and more than 10 million pounds of NESTLÉ Chocolate to produce both Milk and Dark Chocolate RAISINETS.
• RAISINETS are the first chocolate covered raisin candy to have a cartoon series featured on its own YouTube channel! – www.youtube.com/raisinets
• RAISINETS are a natural source of fruit antioxidants and have 30% less fat than the leading chocolate brands!
You can learn even more great facts about this yummy snack at the Raisinets website!
Wanna Win? We are giving 5 lucky winners a super Raisinets prize pack! Each prize includes:
(2) concession-stand boxes of milk chocolate Raisinets
(2) concession-stand boxes of dark chocolate Raisinets
To be entered to win, just tell us which of the two Raisinets you like best (milk or dark) in the comments below. We'll give you until April 1st at 11:59 pm CST to get your entries in. You can enter one time total per day (for each entry after the first entry, simply comment with "Today's entry!".) Giveaway is open to U.S. 18+ only, and be sure to give us a way to contact you if you win! (Don't forget to enter our other giveaways while you're here!)