Do You Do Allowance?10:43 PM
I think one of the most important parts of practicing the allowance process is education. Setting aside money to save, spend, and give starts at a very early age, and my kids enjoy being involved in the decision-making process of how these categories are spent. We have reviewed several products over the years designed to reinforce our values and the teaching that goes on throughout childhood. Thanks to my recent partnership with Kidworth, I will have another valuable tool in my arsenal.
I will be doing a full review of the Kidworth website soon, but in the meantime, I'd love to know what you are doing with regards to allowance in your home. You can start by answering these questions:
- Do you give allowance for doing chores? Or do you feel it should be given freely?
- Have you ever withheld allowance as a punishment or consequence for not pitching in?
- Is allowance an effective tool for motivating your child?
- At what age should allowance begin?
- Did you receive allowance as a child?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Kidworth, a free service for parents to help teach children money basics -- like allowance!