Simple Garlic Chicken and Potatoes Recipe10:21 PM
I love taking just 3-4 ingredients and creating a fabulous meal my family enjoys. Getting the flavors just right, however, can be a challenge. I was able to sample the new Saute' Express products from Land O Lakes this month, and they are yuuuummmmy. I couldn't believe the flavors that came in just one little square of this little product. They contain butter, olive oil, salt, seasonings, and spices to create the perfect meal with no fuss. (There are 4 varieties: garlic and herb, Italian herb, savory butter and olive oil, and lemon pepper.)
I decided to pick a recipe straight from the Land O Lakes' website: Garlic Chicken and Potatoes. For this recipe, you will need:
- 8 small red potatoes
- 3 Land O Lakes® Garlic and Herb Sauté Express™ squares
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh pre-trimmed green beans
2. Melt 2 Sauté Express™ squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form.
3. Add chicken. Sauté 13-18 minutes or until chicken is golden brown on both sides and done (165°F).
4. Cut potatoes into bite-sized wedges; add potatoes and green beans to skillet.
5. Cover; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and green beans are tender. (For a time saver, choose the Marketside green beans that are pre-cleaned and come in a steamable bag. Cook them halfway through before adding to the skillet.)
My family LOVED this dish. It doesn't need any additional salt (as the Saute' Express squares have enough in them.) I like letting the potatoes get a nice brown crust on them -- they taste like home fries with a kick!
You can find all varieties of the Saute' Express product at your local Walmart. Get more recipe ideas at the Saute' Express website!
(Part of Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Try a New Recipe Tuesday Tuesday.)
*I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart has provided me with compensation for my time on this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.