From the Garden: Homemade Fresh Salsa Recipe2:42 PM
Too many tomatoes have plagued our household. Luckily, I LOVE fresh salsa. This recipe is easy to customize to your tastes (just play around with the ingredients until you get a flavor you enjoy) and it uses up fresh tomatoes very easily.
To create your own fresh salsa, you will need:
- 3-4 medium ripe red tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 1 small jalepeno or other hot pepper - or use green peppers, if you don't like hot salsa - (diced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro (minced)
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic (diced)
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Do you have a favorite fresh salsa recipe? Please share!
(Linked up to Tasty Traditions)