Create a Clean Home for the Holidays: BISSELL Scotchgard Protector Giveaway3:29 PM
Thanks to BISSELL for sponsoring today's story!
If you all could see my home.. you would not think it possible to entertain guests this holiday season. I admit, that's it's never going to be magazine beautiful, but I do have some strategies to put things in order for drop-in guests and family get-togethers.
One thing that stands in the way of my feeling confident about the condition of my home is the light brown carpet all throughout my home. I didn't choose it; the house came with it. It's my job, however, to lighten and brighten it to the standards of my guests. That's where a good carpet cleaning product and my steam cleaner come in handy!
I use the combination of BISSELL Deep Clean 2x Pet Stain and Odor formula with Scotchgard Protector and my BISSELL Upright Deep Cleaning Machine to do a few things:
1) Pre-treat and remove tough stains
2) Brighten the entire carpet area
I also use it on my cloth upholstery that covers my chairs! By using the BISSELL Deep Clean 2x Pet Stain and Odor Formula with Scotchgard Protector, I'm able to keep my carpets looking good despite traffic from 6 kids, a dog, and a cat that are home ALL day. It works to protect my carpet from the effects of spilled coffee, juice, and wine -- even when I can't get to cleaning up the spill right away.
How? This stain-protecting substance pushes liquids away from the base of carpet fibers, giving me extra time to get to it before it ruins the carpet fibers. And more time to chase this guy around the house... and away from my holiday decorations!
While I have other to-do's to get the home ready, this one big task puts me more than halfway there. I also recommend:
1) A full top-to-bottom dusting. I put the kids on this chore. I remember to get areas like behind the books on the bookshelves, the leaves of our houseplants, and behind storage bins and baskets. Anything too dusty to be tackled with the duster (like curtains) get tossed into the wash.
2) A nice steam mop to the hard floors. Bathroom and kitchen both get this treatment. I use a nicely--scented cleaner to give the house a pleasant aroma while I work!
3) New covers on the couch. Sofa covers are expensive and don't always look neat. I use a large plush throw to cover the seat and back, giving it a tidy look and making it super comfy for guests to sit on.
4) Dishes to zero. Do you know what makes a home look really, terribly messy? Dishes. With no working dishwasher, scrubbing by hand can be tiring. Having everyone pitch in to get the dishes down to zero is an important step to keeping counters uncluttered and sinks sparkling!
5) Go back over the carpets one more time. (Yes, with 6 kids in the house, it's often necessary to do a second stain check on the carpet!)
Wanna Save? Get a jump-start on holiday cleaning and SAVE $1 with this valuable coupon on BISSELL Carpet Cleaning Solutions with Scotchgard Protection.
Wanna Win? We have an exciting opportunity for you to win a BISSELL ProHeat 2X® Premier 47A23 Upright Deep Cleaning Machine, with Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution, which would be a perfect addition to your cleaning routine post-holiday! 3 winners will be selected across all blogs that are participating!
To be entered to win, simply:
1) Visit the BISSELL Website.
2) Leave a comment on this blog post stating how the BISSELL Upright Deep Cleaning Machine with Scotchgard Protector Carpet Cleaning Solution would make your life easier!
Entrants MUST do both steps to be eligible. The winner will be selected Monday, January 5th, and the winning audience member will by notified through a response to your comment and will have 5 business days to claim their prize. (Deadline to claim is 1/12/15.)
Good luck, and happy cleaning!