Got Holiday Leftovers? See Our Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe4:00 PM
I don't know why I'm one of the only people in my family that actually eats a lot of sweet potatoes, but we inevitably always have leftovers. That's why I was so pumped to find this amazing recipe for leftover mashed sweet potatoes. It's OK if yours is loaded with butter or spices; any dish will do!
Since I had quite a bit of leftover sweet potatoes, thanks to a recent sale on them at Walmart -- and my favorite traditional sweet potatoes with marshmallows recipe -- I was really happy to have enough to make a large batch of this waffle!
For the waffles, you'll need:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces milk
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- milk (2 to 4 tablespoons)
- Combine the sweet potato and all of the wet ingredients. Throw in the dry ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Prepare the icing by mixing the icing ingredients in a large bowl until slightly stiff, and set aside.
- Preheat waffle maker. Pour the batter in and follow the directions for your waffle. When done, the sides of the waffle should start to pull away from the iron. Drizzle while icing while the waffle is still hot. Serve and enjoy!
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Links to shopping sites may be referral links.
Like this? Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get more of the goodness, plus exclusive giveaway offers!