Everything In Moderation9:40 PM
I love chocolate! And I've always believed (that like most things), it is OK to eat.. just as long as you don't overdo it! Hershey's agrees with me -- so much, in fact -- that they've helped to develop a new program called "Moderation Nation". The idea behind it is that you can track your food and activity to incorporate special treats into your lifestyle without causing problems later. With the collaboration of their Hershey Center for Health and Nutrition and the American Dietetic Association, there are now some really cool tools available to give you a great start!
Simply visit www.themoderationnation.com for more details on all the available goodies, including the new Moderation Nation iPhone app! It's free, and designed to help you make great on-the-go choices. Other available tools include:
- Recipes and expert tips from Cheryl Forberg, registered dietitian (RD) for NBC's The Biggest Loser, award-winning chef and New York Times best-selling cookbook author.
- Additional recipes and tips from Regina Ragone, Food Director at Family Circle magazine; Keri Glassman, author of the O2 diet; and Liz Ward, author of Expect the Best Pregnancy.
- Seven-day meal plans – with snack ideas – that will help you plan out your week.
- A meal balancer tool that allows you to input your main dish and its preparation method; in return, you’ll receive ideas for complementary side dishes that round out the meal smartly.
- "Portion distortion” guides, grocery shopping fact sheet and a guide on how to start and maintain a food journal.
Wanna Win? We have one “Moderation Nation” prize pack to give away, which includes a Moderation Nation t-shirt, Hershey’s chocolate and a nutrition journal to track your food and activities. To be entered to win, just tell us what food you enjoy in moderation. You have until October 22nd at 11:59 pm CST to get your entries in, and you CAN ENTER EVERY DAY! (Just comment as directed for the first entry, and then enter with "today's entry" for each entry after that.) Giveaway is open to U.S. ages 18+ only, and be sure to give us a way to contact you if you win! (Don't forget to enter all of our giveaways while you're here!)
* Hershey’s provided me with the prize pack, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark