Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pop-Tart Cookie Recipe4:39 PM
There are lots of recipes on the web for DIY versions of one of my favorite snack foods -- the Pop-Tart. Finding recipes that use the Pop-Tart in them, however, aren't as common. After being inspired by this unique recipe at the Caramel Cookie, my daughter came across this delicious and amazingly easy way to use two of my most treasured flavors (Strawberry and Chocolate Fudge) to create a deliciously chewy and crispy cookie and adapted it to our tastes. You'll love the results!
To make this cookies, you'll need the following ingredients (all available at Walmart):
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 3 Frosted Chocolate Fudge Pop-Tarts, crust removed and coursely chopped
- 3 Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts, crust removed and coarsely chopped
1. Melt the butter and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the sugars and beat together for 2 minutes before adding the egg, egg yolk, milk, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Slowly add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture until combined.
3. Stir in Pop Tarts, which should already have their crusts removed and will be coarsely chopped.
4. Chill dough for one hour, then bake in a 375 degree oven until golden brown, or about 8 minutes. (If you like your cookies crunchier and chewier, you'll go the whole 8 minutes. If you like them more doughy, check back after 5 minutes and immediately when cooked through.) This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
I had so much fun letting my daughter create this recipe for Walmart. Have you ever used Pop-Tarts in a recipe? We would love to hear your ideas!
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.