Keeping Valuables Safe at School with Master Lock3:32 PM
The following post is part of a compensated partnership with Master Lock. Opinions are 100% my own.
Since my kids take swimming lessons, participate in volleyball, and travel during the year for programs just like other kids, however, we do find ourselves asking questions like "Where can I store our iPhone while the game is going on?" and "Will my iPod be safe during practice?"
To help ease some of the anxiety that can occur when shuffling kids from one activity to the other, it's important to have an action plan in place for storing valuables. Our first rule of thumb is to leave it home. But what if the kids absolutely have to take it with them?
Since we homeschool on the road (thus needing the iPhone) and cell phones are necessary for post game communication, we were thrilled to receive a Master Lock 5900D SafeSpace to try out with our own valuables. This slick-looking case holds quite a bit of loot, and it securely attaches to furniture, a locker, or a car interior with the locking mechanism.
Here are some interesting stats regarding kids, locks, and valuables:
- 1 in 4 Americans say their child cannot always remember their combination or struggle to open their lock*
- Electronics including cell phones, iPods and laptops are the most commonly stolen items on college campuses**
- College freshmen spend an average of $281 of their back to school budgets on electronics***
You could win awesome prizes, including:
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive the following incredible prize pack: (total ARV: $626)
- iPad 2 16GB (ARV: $399)
- Homework Station Prize Pack (see below)
- EXPO Black Framed Combo Dry Erase Board (ARV: $24.99)
- Black Wood Desk Organizer (ARV: $40.00)
- Clear Filing Bins (ARV: $21.99)
- Green Dot Lap Desk (ARV: $17.99)
- Dry Erase Marker Set (ARV: $9.99)
- Colored Pencils (64 ct.) (ARV: $9.99)
- Washable Markers (64 ct.) (ARV: $13.99)
- Colorful Hanging File Folders (ARV: $12.39)
- $20 Visa Gift Card
- 1500eDBX dialSpeed digital combination lock
- Master Lock backpack
*Survey conducted by Survey Monkey from 3/12/13 - 3/14/13 among Americans representative of a National U.S. Census **According to an ORC International Report 'School/Theft Statistics' prepared for Master Lock April 11, 2012 ***According to a 2011 National Retail Federation Study