What's the Big Deal About Black Friday?8:22 PM
"Black Friday" is one of those terms that seems to be on everyone's lips this time of year. Either you love it, or you hate it, but it's definitely here to stay. In fact, Black Friday season has gotten a bit earlier every year, giving shoppers a chance to buy as early as Turkey Day itself! No matter how you feel about the scheduling of it all, the craziness, and the crowds, one thing can't be argued: Black Friday does give families a chance to stretch an already desperate holiday budget. In fact, I remember when I used to shop Black Friday sales because we couldn't afford holiday gifts any other way.
Because times may be tight for your family (or perhaps you just get a rush from saving money), I'm excited to share the key points to Walmart's Black Friday Sales.
This new promotion is back for 2013, and 21 select items will be guaranteed in stock during 6 and 7 p.m. or 8 and 9 p.m. local time on Thursday, Nov. 28th for those customers who are in the designated lines. (If Walmart runs out of any item during the time for those in line, they will receive a guarantee to redeem for product later.)
Items for the 6pm timeframe include:
- Vizio® 60” Class Smart LED 1080p HDTV - $688 (a $310 savings)
- Apple iPad® mini Wi-Fi 16GB (two colors) - $299 with a $100 Walmart gift card
- Funai 32” LED 720p HDTV - $98 (special buy)
- Furby Boom!™ - $29 (a $30 savings)
- HP® Pavillion TouchSmart 14-B109WM Laptop - $278 (special buy)
- Call of Duty® Ghosts (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3) - $39.96 (a $20 savings)
- LG® Blu-ray™ Player - $38 (special buy)
- Graco ® Travel System (stroller and infant car seat) - $99 (special buy)
- 1 Carat T.W. Diamond and Sterling Silver Pendant and Earring Set - $98
- Assassins Creed, NBA 2K14, Batman, Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3) - $34 each (a $25.96 savings)
- Beats™ by Dr. Dre ® Solo Headphones - $114.95 (a $85 savings)
- Straight Talk ® Galaxy Centura™ prepaid phone - $29 (a $70.88 savings)
- RCA 7” Dual Core Tablet - $49 (special buy)
While many Walmarts will remain open for 24 hours, making it possible to avoid waiting outside in the cold for great deals, there will be 3 separate savings events with separate hot items. They each start at 6pm Nov. 28th (Thanksgiving), 8pm Nov. 28th, and 8 am Nov. 29th.
What can shoppers expect? Great deals (like the Fisher Price toys shown below -- for just $5!)
For those of you who can't get out (I'm one -- with a newborn baby, and all), there are plenty of items to be found online. Special deals include an Xbox 360™ with Camouflage Controller for $139 ($90 savings).
To make shopping even more effective, stores will be featuring mark-downs on product categories throughout the event. To see what will be on sale at your store, be sure you "Like" your store's Facebook page!
Shoppers looking for tips on maximizing their shopping experience -- while saving their dollars, can find expert advice via the Walmart site and even see videos of the hottest holiday gifts via their YouTube Channel.
Will you be shopping Black Friday this year? Why or why not?
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.