Game Time Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Dip with Fritos (Frito Pie)11:08 AM
Frito Pie is one of those amazing recipes that you just know you're going to love. Fritos tend to make most every snack or appetizer (even dessert) super crunchy, salty, and good; so this recipe, which I tweaked a bit from the original Buffalo Chicken Fritos Chili Pie, ended up having appeal with the wing-loving side of the family. You can make it as spicy as you'd like... just adjust the hot sauce ratio!
For this version of the dish, you'll need the following ingredients (available at Walmart):
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast (I like mine tender from the slow cooker)
- 1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Sliced, fresh leeks (bottom white portions only)
- Ranch dressing to taste
- optional: fresh diced tomatoes and lettuce
- 1 bag FRITOS® Original Corn Chips for serving
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Links to shopping sites may be referral links.