Cheap and Easy Decorating Tips for your Big Valentine's Day Party10:14 PM
If you thought you had a spend a small fortune to get that kids classroom or Valentine's Day bash looking "sweet", think again. We found some of the most adorable items for a party at our local Walmart, and I just had to share my favorite ideas with you!
1. Make a beautiful bouquet. We fell in love with the mini heart-shaped balloons on sticks, as well as the heart-shaped marshmallow "pops". Arranged together in a mason jar filled with tissue paper, and rocks or candies to weigh it down, it's a novel way to create a fun centerpiece for your table!
2. Add some "heart". Make a plastic tablecloth "pop" by scattering small conversation hearts all around.
3. Don't matchy-match the place settings. A fun table display includes all the colors of the holidays. Use the big pink disposable serving platters for cupcakes and cake pops, small red plates for serving, and colorful napkins in a variety of designs. Kids love all the color and whimsy!
4. Offer a variety of treats. Make a few homemade treats that are easy on the budget and require little skill. Then decorate them for maximum "oohs" and "aaahs". The cake pops we decorated are super easy and the life of the party!
What fun ideas do you have for a party for your kids this holiday? Did you know that Walmart carries tablecloths, plates, napkins, forks, tissue paper, the little balloons, marshmallow lollipop hearts, and everything else you see in our photos? Items start at 97 cents!
Need more ideas? Here's how some of the other Walmart Moms decorated:
- Valentines Day Party
- Valentines Day Cookie Decorating Party
- Surprise Your Kids on Valentines Day
- Easy Valentines Day Tablescape
- Simple Valentines Day Decor Ideas
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Links to shopping sites may be referral links.