Valentine's Day Treat: Easy Sweetheart Cake Pops!5:15 PM
I love the idea of giving out treats for holidays, especially during Valentine's Day! But buying sweets for everyone on the list can be a bit of a stretch for our budget. Having some homemade options is definitely money-smart and lets us custom design delicious gifts that everyone will love!
My daughter put her cake pop skills to work this week with this neat way to create and decorate treats for a classroom, family, or that special someone.
We bought all of the supplies at our local Walmart. Here's what you'll need to make them:
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Valentine's cake mix (plus, eggs, oil, and water as per the instructions for cake)
- 1/2 can pink frosting (Betty Crocker Whipped! works best)
- 1 package Wilton candy melts (red) -- may be in the party section of Walmart ($2.47)
- 1 package Wilton candy melts (white) -- may be in the party section of Walmart ($2.47)
- Assorted Wilton edible decorations in red, white, or Valentine's assorted -- may be in the holiday section of Walmart
- Lollipop sticks ($4.99)
Melt the candy melts in a bowl (one for each) according to the instructions on the package. (We used the microwave.) Dip the candy sticks 1/2" into the melted candy, then immediately stick into a cake ball. When all the balls have sticks in them, put back into the fridge for 5 minutes.
Remelt the candy, if needed, then dip each ball into the color of your choice.
Don't you think these would be great for a Valentine's Day party? We do!
Enjoy your own Valentine's Day baking. If you are looking for even more ideas, here are some from the rest of the Walmart Moms:
- Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
- Tips for Perfect Cake Pops
- Heart Shaped Rice Krispy Treats
- How to Melt Chocolate in a Silicone Pan
- Valentine's Day Popcorn Mix
- Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
- Saltine Cracker Toffee Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Hearts on a Stick
- No Bake Valentines Peanut Butter Crispy Square
- Valentines Cracker Candy
- Brownie Hearts
As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I've received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Links to shopping sites may be referral links.