Great Way to Use Up Old Marshmallow: Ooey, Gooey Brownies11:13 AM
I was cleaning out my pantry and was a little embarrassed at the number of partial bags of stale marshmallows. As it turns out, you can still use them for a variety of recipes, especially baking treats! I did this quick hack to make plain old, out-of-the-box brownies something special for the kids.
1. To make them, simply follow the directions for the boxed brownie mix of your choice. Set batter aside.
2. Cut up large marshmallows into 4 pieces, or use mini marshmallows, putting once piece in the bottom of each of a dozen silicone baking cups in a muffin tin.
3. Cover with brownie batter and bake according to the brownie mix directions.
4. Bake an additional 2-3 minutes, being careful not to let them burn.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy! We like ours with ice cream.
What other ways do you use up stale marshmallows?