I'm a HUGE pineapple fan, so I was tickled to see another great way to cook it special for the 4th of July. (This recipe includes grilling!)
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs Recipe
(Makes 6 (2 kabob) appetizer servings)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into (24) 1-inch pieces
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups DEL MONTE GOLD® EXTRA SWEET PINEAPPLE Chunks
- 1 medium Del Monte® red bell pepper, cut into (24) 1-inch squares
- ½ large Del Monte® sweet onion, cut into (24) 1-inch pieces
- Peanut oil
Directions: Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken, pineapple, red pepper, and onion alternately on 12 (6-7-inch) skewers. Discard and leftover marinade. Brush lightly with peanut oil. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Brush with basting sauce the last 5 to 10 minutes. Serve any remaining sauce over kabobs. Note: For a spicy variation, omit ground pepper and sprinkle chicken with Jamaican Jerk seasoning to taste.
Wanna Save? Grab a $.50 coupon via Facebook to make this recipe even more affordable!