Jazzy Red Beans and Rice with Polish Sausage and Turnip Greens9:51 PM
Red beans and rice is one of our favorite meals to prepare. It's so easy, that my 11-year-old son can make it! During the summer, we add one additional ingredient to our best dish: turnip greens! We grow the turnips just for the greens, pulling them from the garden right before cooking. They add a delicious cabbage flavor to any meal!
To make this easy dish, you'll need:
- One pound polish sausage (or a whole link), sliced into rounds
- 1 cup chopped, rinse fresh turnip greens (use frozen if you don't have fresh)
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cans red beans (juice reserved from one)
- 4 cups jasmine/basmati rice
- salt and pepper to taste
Like this? Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get more of the goodness, plus exclusive giveaway offers!